provide’s both full therapeutic consults using Red Light Therapy
(using Photonic Red Light Torches and Red Light Therapy Pads) and is
also able to supply a full range of equipment for home use. Courses
are also available. Please contact us at [email protected] 01483
608322 for more information.
There are so many amazing complimentary therapies available for you and your animals, how do you know which is the right one for you? Photonic Therapy has worked for more than a century. In the late 1890s, scientist Niels Ryberg Finsen won a Nobel Prize for his use of Photonic therapy to treat a smallpox and lupus. NASA has been using Photonic therapy to speed up the healing of astronauts. Photonic therapy is proven to heal injuries up to 60% faster than traditional approaches. University research has shown that Photonic therapy is a proven way to treat virtually any injury, but like everything, not all equipment is the same so it is vital to use scientifically proven equipment. All equipment used and sold by Catherine is FDA listed.
Despite the wealth of research into the effectiveness of Photonic Therapy, Red Light Therapy is relatively new in the field of complimentary therapies for animals. Even though red light therapy has been used medically and therapeutically for years, it is only recently that excellent quality units have become cost effective enough for mainstream use.
So how can Red Light Therapy help you and your animals? Catherine uses Red Light Therapy (torches and pads), uniquely in conjunction with essential oils, for enhanced results to restore balance in the animal. Catherine is one of only a few Level 3 qualified practitioners globally . This non-invasive and gentle yet highly effective approach can dramatically reduce pain, accelerate healing and achieve lasting results on both chronic and acute conditions. Some of the Common Conditions for Animals that Red Light Therapy Works on:
- Acute Injury & structural imbalances
- Anhidrosis (non-sweating)
- Hyoid imbalances
- Tendon / Ligament / Bone injuries (including hoof)
- Viral Infections (see below)
- And much more
Dogs, Cats & Other Animals
- ACL/CCI Tear’s
- Hip Displaysia
- Luxating Patella
- Lower Back Soreness
- Itchy Skin
- Neuter/Spay recovery
- Teeth / Gum Issues
- And much more
We find many of our customers, for ALL SPECIES, now use Red Light therapy as their structural support first choice!
How does it Compliment Catherine Edwards Therapy Work?
Red Light Therapy Can be used on acupressure points (and on point source of injury / pain). The Red Light balances the acupressure points, balancing the body from outside to inside (known as a Yang treatment in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)). The use of herbs / self-selection compliments the balancing of acupressure points, by balancing the body / meridian system from the inside out - known as a YIN activity in TCM.
I am highly trained in combining Red Light therapy with the self-selection of essential oils - this unique combination, using two extremely powerful ways of energetic working with your animal - can yield amazing results for many conditions in a totally safe and non-invasive manner. As with all complementary therapists, we work with the veterinary surgeons act which requires the vet to be aware of our presence.
Low Intensity light therapy is an Effective Treatment for Recurrent Herpes Simple Infection. Results from Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Study. Andreas Schindl and Reinhard Neuman, Journal of Investigative dermatology, 1999.
Also used effectively on
• West Nile Virus
• Eastern Encephalitis
• Top quality units (Lights and Pads)
• Works on horses, dogs, cats, parrots, sheep, cows - basically all pets and livestock and humans!
• Reduces recovery times, saves on medical expenses, and increases performance
• Another superior tool in your horsemanship toolbox
How it works
1. Reduces pain by increasing production of endorphins - a natural pain killer
2. Reduces inflammation by suppressing enzymes that create swelling, redness, and pain.
3. Boosts the release of anti-inflammatory enzymes to reduce swelling quickly.
4. Increases cellular regeneration and healing by stimulating the mitochondria within the cell. This increases the production of ATP which causes damaged cells to accept nutrients and eliminate toxins faster
5. Increases lymphatic drainage and circulation.
6. Relaxes tight muscles and quickly releases muscle spasms and cramps.
7. Strengthens anti-viral properties by increasing antibody production in the bloodstream
8. Improves structure of tendons, bones, skin, teeth, and cartilage by increasing collagen production.
9. Stimulates a strong heart beat by regulating serotonin levels. Serotonin helps to regulate inflammation and allergic reactions and plays an important role in blood clotting, stimulating a strong heart beat, initiating sleep, and fighting depression. It also stimulates the smooth muscle in the intestinal wall helping it to contract.
Red Light Light Therapy has the ability to address physiological, mental, and emotional issues. Healthy cells vibrate at about 660 nanometers. When tissue sustains injury or illness the vibration level in the affected cells goes down. Increasing the vibration level in the cell with the Photonic Red Light is like jump starting a dead car battery; it accelerates the mitochondria within the cell, which increases ATP production. ATP sends signals to the brain so the brain releases endorphins, anti-inflammatories, serotonin, and more.It has been found, and proven, that the light stimulates the mitochondria within the cell which increases ATP production. Increased ATP production allows damaged cells to accept nutrients more quickly and to eliminate toxins. If administered quickly enough, it can prevent cellular death. This process allows the body to heal itself by reducing/eliminating pain and inflammation, while increasing circulation. It also excites the collagen within the damaged tissue, and allows the body to heal itself faster.
- Specialized 660nm PH red light
- PH red light is applied to the skin (or coat)
light activates the
mitochondria in the cell
- Increases ATP and protein synthesis
- Increases ATP levels and protein synthesis sends signals to the brain and stimulates collagen protein necessary to repair tissue.
and serotonins into the body
PLEASE NOTE RED LIGHT THERAPY IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR VETERINARY TREATMENT. IF YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH CONCERNS WITH YOUR ANIMAL PLEASE CONSULT YOUR VET.